Mat Jakt (literally Food Hunt) is a food cooperative based in Oslo.
The modus operandi is quite simple: you pay a life-long fee of NOK 250 after what you are able to place an order with an organic online shop at wholesale prices.
The order is delivered within a few days and all you have to do is go and pick up your goods at the Sunshine Factory in Sant-Hanshaugen (on opening days).
Mat Jakt is a non-for profit organization. The goal is to place big orders in order to reduce packagings and costs. To be honest, it's a bit like an underground food coop because there is no physical shop. The Sunshine Factory is a private appartment with a little storage room to stock the bags, scales and glass jars.
Secret bonus, there is always a kettle on the burner for a cup of tea when you come pick your food up!
- Life-long member fee of NOK 250
- Easy order of bulk food at wholesale prices (+20% to cover the coop costs).
- Organic & good quality at an affordable price, no intermediate.
- Community of fine people around Oslo
- Way more fun than strolling the supermarkets alleys